TOP TEN TIPS TO QUIT SMOKING
1. Decide to Stop Smoking – Make it all about YOU! When you decide something, it is actually easy to is your decision.
2. Benefits – What’s in it for me? List out what you will gain once you become a non smoker.
3. Change Your Words - From Need to Want. No one needs a cigarette. People want to smoke. No baby ever came out of the womb and said “Hey Mama, got a smoke?”
4. Change Hands - Smoke with the other hand.
5. Change Location - Smoke in a different spot.
6. Track When & Where - Keep a Journal – Time and Location. Is there a pattern?
7. Track Your Feelings/Emotions. Is there a pattern?
8. Switch it up - Buy a Different Brand of Cigarettes. Remind yourself of what cigarettes and smoking really tastes like.
9. Use Paper - Pay Cash for Cigarettes. Feel what it is like to have money slip through your hands and in exchange for poor health and poison.
10. Hire a Hypnotist — Choose someone who is a smoking cessation specialist.